Introduction

Write your intro or of this blog, OR JUST DELETE THE WHOLE THING. Write your intro or of this blog, OR JUST DELETE THE WHOLE THING. Write your intro or of this blog, OR JUST DELETE THE WHOLE THING.

Blogging

Ellsworth Toohey To Keating

(Page 596)

"Oh dear me, how dull it is to discuss things with minds devoted the obvious. You are utterly incapable of grasping principles, Peter. You think only in terms of persons. Do you really suppose that I have no mission in life save to to worry over the specific fate of your Howard Roark? MR. Roark is merely one detail out of many. I have dealt with him when it was convenient. I am still dealing with him-though not directly. I do grant you, however, that Mr. Howard Roark is a great temptation to me. At times I feel it would be a shame if I never came up against him personally again. But it might not be necessary at all. When you deal in principles, Peter, it saves you the trouble of individual encounters."

"I mean that you can follow two procedures. You can devote your life to pulling out each single weed as it comes up-and then ten lifetimes won't be enough for the job. Or you can prepare your soil in such a manner-by spreading a certain chemical, let us say-that it will be impossible for weeds to grow. This last is faster. I say 'weed' because it is the conventional symbolism and will not frighten you. The same technique, of course, holds true in the case of any other plan you may wish to eliminate: buckwheat, potatoes, oranges, orchids or morning glories."

"Ellsworth, I don't know what you're talking about."
"But of course you dont. That's my advantage. I say these things publicly every single day-and nobody knows what I'm talking about."

Certainly this can be used to show how Ellsworth seeks control over others and how it works.
Illusionized. Friday, April 11, 2008;8:52 AM